Liljegren Law Group Military Family Scholarship 2014
At the Liljegren Law Group, we understand how important the military is to our way of life. Founding attorney Scott Liljegren began his legal career in the Navy’s JAG Corps and developed a close personal connection with the people he worked with. To say thank you, the San Diego car accident lawyers at the Liljegren Law Group has created the Military Family Scholarship to help our servicemen and women and their families who are continuing their education.
To apply, write a 300-500 word essay on how the military has helped prepare you for college. Whether it was through active duty, growing up in a military family, or being strong for your family while your spouse was deployed.
The Liljegren Law Group will award 2 applicants a $500 scholarship. The scholarship can be used for any school related expenses, such as tuition and books.
The first winner will be chosen by the firm, the other chosen by the people. We will choose 15 finalists for the second scholarship and post their submissions on our blog. Then it’s time to get social. The finalist’s essay with the most social support (tweets, likes, shares, +1′s) will receive the second $500 award.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Undergraduate, graduate or the final year of high school
- Age seventeen (17) years or older
- Must be a Military member, veteran, or have a parent or spouse who is or was in the military
- Carry a status of “Good Standing” – i.e. currently enrolled
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
- Submission must be received by June 5, 2014
- There is no printed application from the Liljegren Law Group, all necessary information is on this page
- Please send your information and submission via email to: email@example.com
- No need to print this page; just send your written response and contact information
- Do not send any CD ROMs, letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs
- Winning submissions will be published on our site.
- Please Include:
- Your submission (make sure to save a digital copy for your records.)
- First & last name, email address & phone number printed at the top of each page
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts accepted
- College or institution of attendance
- Name, rank, and military branch you/your parent/your spouse served in
We will choose 10 finalists and post their submissions on our blog. Share your submission with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, and Google plus. The one with the most social support will be awarded the second $500 scholarship.