San Diego Wrongful Death Lawyer
A wrongful death occurs when a person is killed due to negligence or misconduct of another individual, company or entity. In San Diego, this can be a result of a car accident, burn injury, or any other serious accident. An action for wrongful death belongs to the decedent’s immediate family members, often called “distributees.” The most common “distributees” are surviving spouses and children. If a loved one has died due to the wrongful act or neglect of another contact a San Diego wrongful death attorney at the Liljegren Law Group today for a free legal consultation. The wrongful death attorneys at the Liljegren Law Group have years of experience representing families in California wrongful death cases and because time is of the essence in many wrongful death cases it is important to contact one of our attorneys as soon as possible.
California’s wrongful death laws permit only individuals with a certain relationship to the victim to file a wrongful death claim. These include:
- The victim’s surviving spouse, children, dependent stepchildren, dependent minors living in the victims household for at least six months, and dependent parents.
- If there are no heirs as described above, then claimants include those who would be entitled to inherit the victim’s estate under the law of intestate succession.
- If none of these relatives exist, the next of kin may file a wrongful death suit.
A wrongful death victims personal representative who was appointed by the probate court can also maintain a wrongful death action.
Compensation in San Diego Wrongful Death Lawsuits
In California, wrongful death claim compensation can include damages for:
- Financial support that the victim would have contributed to the heir during the life expectancy of the heir
- Decedent’s future anticipated earnings
- Lost gifts or benefits of the victim (medical insurance, pension, 401(k), etc.)
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Reasonable value of household services
- Loss of the victim’s love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, and affection
- Survivor’s pain, suffering, and mental anguish
San Diego Wrongful Death Attorneys
Preserving evidence and identifying defendants are key factors in California wrongful death cases. Statutory time limits apply in all San Diego wrongful death matters, which limit the amount of time you have to file a claim which makes it important to contact a wrongful death attorney as soon as possible. Contact the Liljegren Law Group today at 866-613-9906 for a free legal consultation. Our San Diego personal attorneys have years of experience and success in wrongful death cases. We have offices conveniently located in Escondido, Oceanside, Temecula, La Mesa, Huntington Beach, and Palm Desert. If chosen to represent your loved one in a wrongful death case our injury attorneys will investigate all circumstances surrounding the accident and preserve any and all evidence. The Liljegren Law Group will fight aggressively to help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to.